2020 a video game year!
The video game market has generated in 2019 more than 120 billion dollars in the world! Even if this figure is important, it only represents a 4% increase compared to 2018.
The market is mainly articulated today…:
– around home or portable consoles mainly driven by the 3 major brands: Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo.
– but also classic games on those ones (or on PC)
– plus the free-to-play who make their income from in-game purchases (who hasn’t heard of Fortnite and those famous dances).
– mobile games on pay or free-to-play (Pokemon Go)
– videogame content (Twitch, Facebook, Youtube, Mixer…)
– augmented or virtual reality
Video gaming is at a turning point of growth with a real transition to mobile gaming. It represents 64.4 billion in 2019, or more than half of annual sales!
Another observed transformation is the consolidation of free-to-play revenues
. Six of the top ten most profitable games are mobile and free-to-play.
The year 2020 is likely to be rich…
With more and more releases of mobile games, free-to-play, even from the historical publishers, always the release of console / PC games (Final Fantasy Remake, Resident Evil 3, Halo Infinite …)… And especially the arrival of new machines from Sony and Microsoft respectively with the Playstation 5 (PS5) and the Xbox Series X.
The year 2020 is therefore a big year for the video game market, but will you contribute to its progress?
Do you have a market research project? Contact us.
We are able to offer you a custom-made methodology of qualitative and/or quantitative survey.
To answer your problematic: in marketing, communication, quality, satisfaction & customer/employees relationship or innovation.
We wish you a happy new year 2020!
The LDB Mica Research team
– Le marché des jeux vidéos en berne en 2019
– Les jeux vidéo et les médias interactifs génèrent 120,1 milliards de dollars en 2019